Happy New Year to you all.
Are first meeting of the year is always an important one where we hold our AGM. Nora, who has been taking on both chair and secretary, thanked the present committee for their help, especially Philip. She gave the following report:
- We had 30 new members starting during the course of 2016, though some of them have left due to various reasons.
- The survey we held towards the end pf 2016 was inconclusive, but members still seem to want to have two meetings a months, one of these with speakers if possible.
- The summer and Christmas parties were well supported and successful. Thanks to Trish and Delphine for these.
- A number of well known knitting people have passed away over the last year. They will be greatly missed.
- Finding speakers who are able to travel to us ans are not too expensive has been a challenge, but hopefully all speaker meetings will have been filled by the next meeting. Please see website for details.
- During our members’ meetings Philip will be demonstrating the construction of a whole garment over a numbers of sessions so if you have any particular problems, let him know.
A new committee was voted in and consist of:-
- Chair – Philip
- Secretary – Nora
- Treasurer – Shelia
- Membership/social – Trish
Once all the formalities were finished, we had tea and show and tell.